Friday, May 8, 2020

Sent them all away

Sent them all away.
Waiting for the one that makes it all right.
Is there such a thing?
All my life, I've waited to belong.
All my life, I've danced to someone else's song.
Waiting for the one who can make all right
Is there such a thing?
Or am i mistaken?
Am i the one who's going to make it work?
God, I hope not. My life in my own hands? God, i hope not.
But im trying. For the first time in my life. Im trying.
And maybe there's no such thing.
And maybe there is.
And maybe i can save myself.
At least I'll know i tried.
I don't know what's in store
I don't know what I'm hoping for.
But now at least im hoping
Now at least im waiting.
Im better than before, when i didn't even know i was broken.
I'm better than before when i thought my life was sealed.
Im making an effort, I'm scaring myself every day, I'm opening my broken heart.
Im closer now than i ever was to be healed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment